Friday, July 20, 2007

Easy Meatloaf

Yeah, yeah. I know. Ewww. Meatloaf!! Well, when you keep it simple and moist, it's actually very good and a big hit with my family. And it's really easy to make! Ready? OK. Here goes:
You will need two loaf pans (I use disposable ones).
Ingredients:
2 lbs. Ground Meat - Lean is best!
1/2 - 3/4 cup bread crumbs or matza meal
4 eggs
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt
Pepper
Depending on how seasoned you like the meat, put more or less of the last four ingredients. Up to you!
Mix it all together really well (yes, you will have to get your hands all meaty...). Put half in each loaf pan. For variation, I usually pour b-b-q sauce over one of the loaves (my favorite is Jack Daniels b-b-q sauce, and no, there is no alcohol in it at all...). Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour and a half. The best way to see if it's done is to slice down the middle to make sure it's cooked all the way through.

No comments: